Glitter Wine Bottles D.I.Y.
In my entertaining must-haves post, I noted how I always keep wine bottles around to have on the table at gatherings. Instead of having the same old bottle after bottle I decided to add a little charm to a few for this holiday season. This is a super simple D.I.Y. that packs a lot of holiday sparkle.
What you'll need
Wine bottles without paper
Glitter or similar (I used leftovers from these bridal shower invites)
Workspace with newspaper
What to do
1. Begin by taping off sections or shapes on your wine bottle where you don't want glitter to go. I did stripes on one, and the bottom of the other.
2. Next begin applying the modge podge with a paint brush. I did this in sections so it didn't dry.
3. Follow the modge podge immediately by sprinkling, pouring or doing whatever it takes to get your glitter on the bottle quickly. Repeat until covered. Then let your bottles dry for 15 minutes.
5. Once dry, coat your glitter with sealer a couple times, being careful not to get the actual bottle. It isn't a huge deal if you do, but it will look better if you try not to.
6. Before the sealer dries, remove your tape. Once the sealer is dry, you're done!