Workouts for Busy Schedules
- Squats. I do squats while brushing my teeth. They're simple enough to do while brushing your teeth without sacrificing the quality of either task.
- Dancing. Admit it, you do this all of the time anyway, and if you put a little more effort into it, it becomes a workout. I like to play some Beyonce will I shower and pretend I'm her. Dangerous? Probably. Scary? Again, probably.
- Pushups. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Whether I'm boiling water for tea or cooking dinner, there is usually some downtime to do countertop pushups. Remember to put a lot of effort into these.
- Abs. I never do just one ab workout; I always do a combination. They go great with watching tv or Netflix, which you already do, so throw some Russian twists, leg lifts and bicycle crunches in there.
- Walking. I work early, and come home exhausted, but there is a small chunk of time in my day where I can take a brisk walk: lunch time. I'm lucky to work across the street from a stellar outdoor shopping center. It's the perfect location for my lunch time walk, and gets me away from my cube.
So no more excuses because you can't tell me that none of these simple workouts fit your busy schedule. You HAVE to be showering and brushing your teeth.
What are your tips for making working out apart of your life?